I came across this interesting post from Beyond the Underground, What Do You Like Best About Being a Lawyer?
What do you like best? What keeps you practicing the law?
- Helping people?
- Helping the underdog?
- Fighting for a cause?
- The intellectual challenge?
- Being a source of advice and counsel?
- Being a vehicle for change?
- Knowing an area of law really well?
- Enjoying the stature of my position?
- Making money?
If you don’t like practicing the law, or don’t like being in the firm, or wish you had more personal freedom, could you still achieve some or all of the above even by doing something else?